B11 – Originally C Class
|Total Number of Engines Built||4|
|First Engine Built||1867|
|Last Engine Built||1867|
|First Engine Written Off||1902|
|Last Engine Written Off||1904|
This class was originally known as C Class under the old classification system. These six coupled engines were constructed with a leading Bissel truck that reportedly allowed it to travel smoothly around curves. The engines burnt coke, wood and coal during their lives. Large chimneys containing spark arrestors were fitted when using wood fuel. Coke fuel was discontinued from 1870. Three of the engines were fitted with larger tenders ex D class engines before they were shipped to Maryborough in 1880/81.
In 1889 locomotives and rollingstock were consolidated into one rollingstock register. This resulted in most items, except those operating on the original Southern and Western Railway (from Ipswich), being renumbered. Numbers shown are state (or former S & W) numbers. Those in brackets are former numbers of individual railways.
MR – Maryborough Railway
Neilson – Neilson & Coy Glasgow