Tips for the Road
Everyone knows the road rules, or at least we hope you do. A couple of key things to remember when out railfanning or chasing a train:
- Be courteous to your fellow users of the road – do not parallel a train if it is travelling well below the posted road speed (ie. 80km/h in a 100km/h zone). This is extremely dangerous and is definitely frowned upon amongst rail enthusiasts.
- Stick to the speed limit.
- Do not operate electronic devices while driving such as camera gear, mobile phones, etc. If you have passengers, let them take the photos/video or answer your phone.
- Do not overtake when it isn’t safe, your life is more important than trying to catch up with a train.
- Do not park illegally – ie. No Parking Zones