6D11½ Crane Class
|Total Number of Engines Built||2|
|First Engine Built||1902|
|Last Engine Built||1902|
|First Engine Written Off||1927|
|Last Engine Written Off||1927|
Two small saddle tank engines fitted with hydraulic cranes were imported in 1902 for use at the new Ipswich Railway Workshops. The cranes were later removed from both engines and their water capacity increased. N°1 continued to be used to shunt at Ipswich Workshops and N°2 was transferred to Cairns in 1907 for use on the wharf there. They were the only saddle tank engines to operate on QR.