English Electric 1250 Class
The 1250 class was introduced in 1959 and were the first class of English Electric Diesels built in the Australia factory at Rocklea. They had a full-width cab with a hood protecting the engines.
They were used for ore traffic on the Mt. Isa line and also general freight duties elsewhere in the state.
Only 2 remain preserved – 1262 with QR Heritage (currently plinthed in the Ipswich Workshops Museum as a cutaway diagram of how a diesel-electric works) and 1263 with ARHS-Qld Townsville.