Clyde/GM 1400 Class
The 1400 class were the first Clyde locos on Queensland’s rails. They were introduced into service in 1955. These locos were based off the G12 series of locos, utilising the EMD 12 cylinder 567 engine.
The locos could be found all around the state hauling general freight traffic. These locos couldn’t be multipled together due to the lack of MU gear.
Two 1400s have been preserved, one of which (1400) is on the list for eventual restoration. The other will be put on static display at the Ipswich Workshops.